Like many of you, we have been monitoring the situation in relation to the COVID-19 virus very closely. There has been much conflicting information in the media and social media, which led to confusion and inevitably some panic. We following the advice given to us by the government and our professional organisation Osteopathy Australia.
The World Health Organisation has declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic requiring a global coordinated effort. A pandemic means that this disease is spreading throughout multiple countries at the same time.
Symptoms of the virus can include: fever, flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue and/or shortness of breath.
All need to be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Therefore, we all need to take measures to ensure we are not part of the spread.
We have taken additional measures to ensure that you are safe when attending our practice.
1. We will be asking patients over the phone if they have been in mainland China and other red zones in the last 2 weeks. Patients who have travelled to any high risk areas, will be asked to postpone from attending the practice for at least 14 days.
2. As previously advised, all practitioners wash hands and sanitise the treatment tables between every visit. All paper face towels are single use only.
3. Hand sanitiser or soap will be available, so please wash your hands when you arrive BEFORE each treatment.
4. All door handles, EFTPOS terminals, phones, Reception desk and common area will be wiped with antibacterial sanitisers throughout the day.
5. We have thrown out our waiting room magazines and other multi use items in this area.
Common sense precautions recommended to avoid large crowds, wash your hands regularly and keep your immune system strong.
To keep your immune system strong, you can do the following (which is research backed):
– Daily recommended dose Vitamin C
– Daily recommended dose Magnesium
– Everyday recommended dose Zinc
– Adequate sleep/rest
– Regular exercise
– Varied diet including fruits and vegetables
We will ensure our practice a clean and is a safe place for our patients. Please help us and the community by letting us know of any symptoms you may be experiencing prior to your appointment, so that we can act accordingly. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.